1. Our famous Caboose on the property was actually bought in 1972 and delivered to its current location so it has been on site for the last 48 years. Some wedding couples and kids attending weddings have used it for a place to sleep on a wedding weekend. Where else can you say that you slept in a Caboose?!?!:)
2. Caboose Farm is located just a mile from the Presidential Retreat Camp David so our property is very secluded as there is very little traffic coming through our location which is nice! Being so close, there is a great deal of history on our property and some of the buildings that tie back to past presidents. One instance is that the building that is now our commercial kitchen use to be a stable for farm animals. Reagan actually held his horse at our stable for a few weeks while they built a stable at Camp.
3. For me personally, I got married at Caboose Farm so that was hands down my favorite wedding on the property!:) Aside from that, we’ve had some pretty amazing couples join our Caboose Farm family over the last 5 years and all of them were great to work with. My favorite wedding took place this last September in 2019 with a couple (Kim and Kristyn) from North Carolina who chose Caboose Farm as it was a central location for their family and friends coming from up and down the east coast. From the first time I toured with them I knew that I wanted them to celebrate their special day with us and I think the feeling was mutual! Planning a wedding from another state is often times hard but they were very organized and did a great job getting every last detail taken care of throughout the process. Their wedding weekend was amazing, the weather was perfect and I had the opportunity to meet and to know some of their family and friends throughout the process. Their vendor team was fabulous and you could tell that they thought of every small detail. We still keep In touch every now and again and they have become friends of mine over the last 2 years.
4. Our location is in the Catoctin Mountains we have to say that our favorite season for weddings is in the fall. The changing colors on the trees set the perfect backdrop for any picture! On average, we find that we are booking 12-18 months out for weddings here at Caboose Farm. For those more popular months (September/October) it tends to be towards the 18 month mark.
5. Our couples have the choice of two packages for their event. The first is a single day package which is access to the building from 9am-11pm. The second package is access from Friday-Sunday. This allows couples the opportunity to decorate the day before, host a rehearsal dinner in our bar area as well as the option to host a brunch for any guests staying on site. Both of our packages include tables, chairs, dinnerware, linens (your choice of color), your choice of one of our ceremony sites, set up and tear down of all event locations, parking attendants, transportation to and from ceremony site for guests as well as an onsite coordinator to oversee the couples vendors and their timeline.
6. One important way that couples get to customize their weddings are by our wide selection of ceremony locations on the property. With 200 acres they could literally choose anywhere on the property. While we have roughly 6 ceremony options that are used the majority of the time, it gives everyone an option. Want a ceremony back drop with water, we got it! Want a ceremony backdrop in the woods, we got it! Want a ceremony in a field, we got it! Another great thing is that we don’t have a set of vendors that you have to use here at Caboose Farm, outside of using our catering team. This provides couples to truly build a vendor team that is a true representation of them and by doing so that creates a certain uniqueness between our couples.
7. In our event building for a seated dinner we can comfortably accommodate up to 150 guests. We have hosted groups as large as 300 in the past by utilizing both floors of our event building for cocktail hour and dance receptions and then utilizing a tent for the dinner portion of the evening.
8. Caboose Farm provides you with the opportunity to turn your dream wedding into a weekend get away with family and friends. With a total of six farmhouses located on the property, we have the ability to accommodate 70 people in bedrooms on site. This comes in handy when you have out of state guests attending your wedding as you can provide lodging to them for the weekend. We find that couples love being able to celebrate with their family and friends starting on Friday and ending on Sunday as it provides a sense of relaxation knowing that they are not limited to only a few hours with their guests.
9. One of our farmhouses on site we have records dating back to the late 1700’s as it had multiple uses such as a tavern, a trading post, a school house and also a smokehouse.
10. While we have several ideas for future growth of the property our main visions are to continue to add lodging in and around our property in hopes of one day being able to accommodate 125 guests on site. In addition, we have a spot picked out for a wonderful honeymoon suite for our couples which will provide them with a place to get away after the wedding. We also plan to build a large outdoor concrete patio that will allow us to offer our clients the opportunity to place tents for larger gatherings on a solid surface instead of placing them in the grass. This will allow us to host events for 300+ people.